Wednesday, June 15, 2011

menu planning

I'm sitting here in front of the laptop w/ the baby sleeping on my lap. He's been taking 5 minute naps all day, totally frustrating. Whenever I try to move him to the crib he wakes up-not great for trying to wean him to his own bed. My hips & arms are killing me from the extra weight supported on them while I'm stuck on the couch for hours. I love him, but he's been extremely needy the last couple days, needing constant entertainment. I know, he's teething, but it gets frustrating. Anyway, I'm looking at Tastespotting trying to figure out what we're having this week & match it to coupons. Haven't really found any good coupon matchups for stuff I want. Why are there never any cloth diaper coupons?! Yay disposable society. So far I've got a large entree salad, possibly w/ some roasted beets & edamame, but not sure yet, some pasta w/ brown butter & roasted Brussels sprouts, & an egg sandwich with a spicy Israeli sauce. I need to get some local eggs this weekend. I really hate buying eggs that aren't from humanely treated, loved as pets chickens. I still have banh mi to make too, but I didn't get enough tofu last week, seeing as how I used both packs last night. I've apparently been feasting on cilantro since I've had 2 recipes this week with it & (so far) 1 with it for next week. Interesting fact: If you hate cilantro, you can train it out of you. There is a gene whose only job pretty much is to either make cilantro tasty to you or taste like soap. If you fall into the latter, the more you eat it, the more the gene will change until eventually you like cilantro. I can see how people say it tastes soapy, but I still like it, but it wasn't always the case. Anyone cooking anything awesome this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment